[Marxism] Question: Maoism and Confucianism?

Arlyn Cyncad arlyn_cyncad at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 29 09:04:30 MDT 2004

Good afternoon,
Firstly, I'd like to say hi, as this is my first post
to this group.  I've enjoyed reading all of your posts
up to this point.

I have a specific question about Maoism.  I've heard
tell that Mao adopted, or infused Marxism with
Confucianism.  Could anyone explain to me how/why this
was done, if this is indeed the case?

Also, what are the basic premises of Maoism as opposed
to, say, Trotskyism?  In other words, how is Maoism
different from Trotskyism?

Thank you very much; I'm looking forward to your

Arlyn

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de