[Marxism] Maoist Press

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 12:21:10 MDT 2004

I haven't looked at a "Revolutionary Worker" in a couple of years. As I remember it the paper was always broken down into 4 parts (1) the thoughts of Chairman Bob, (2) the armed struggle in Peru, (3) Mumia defense, and (4) cops in the hood.
Someone mentioned working with Iranian leftists in the US in '79. I was in Utah at the time. The Iranian students at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, and at the University located in Logan (I forgot the name) had not yet been Maoised. Many of the SWP members who were recruited in Utah, tried to explain that to all the people who colonized the Salt Lake City branch from other areas, especially New York City, but alas, to no avail. If Iranians students were under Maoist influence elsewhere, then they must be in Utah. As a result of the SWP's attitude, this became a self fulfilling prophecy, that didn't have to happen.