[Marxism] "at close quarters" in the White House

lshan at bcn.net lshan at bcn.net
Fri Apr 30 07:35:43 MDT 2004

"see our body language as well, how we work together" and "As I was telling
my husb‹"
_____

QUESTION: Mr. President, as you know, a lot of critics suggested that you
wanted to appear jointly with the vice president so that you two could keep
your stories straight or something. Could you tell us what you think of the
value of appearing together and how you would answer those critics?

BUSH: First of all, look, if we had something to hide, we wouldn't have met
with them in the first place. We answered all their questions.

As I say, I came away good about the session, because I wanted them to know,
you know, how I set strategy, how we run the White House, how we deal with
threats.

The vice president answered a lot of their questions - answered all their
questions. And I think it was important for them to see our body language as
well, how we work together.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/8550508.htm

At a recent Washington, D.C. dinner party, New York magazine says Condoleeza
Rice "was reportedly overheard saying, 'As I was telling my husb‹' and then
stopping herself abruptly, before saying, 'As I was telling President Bush.'
Jaws dropped, but a guest says the slip by the unmarried politician, who
spends weekends with the president and his wife, seemed more psychologically
telling than incriminating. Nobody thinks Bush and Rice are actually an
item."
_______

But as they said about Weapons of Mass Destruction, the key issue is intent,
and the Old Testament warns us against "coveting."

from Brian Shannon