Fwd: Re: [Marxism] Question: Maoism and Confucianism?

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 08:41:33 MDT 2004

Waistline2 at aol.com wrote:
>Maoism or more accurately “Mao Tse Tung Thought,” is a brand name of >Marxism. It is a brand of Marxist doctrine because its theory premise is based >on the
>writings of Karl Marx and Frederick Engels. Two books articulate this
>premise, “On Practice” and “On Contradiction.” It is called the

While Mao could be considered a great revolutionary, he was NOT a great Marxist. Maoism is basically Stalinism applied to China. As far as Mao thought, what does one do with such gems as "though are hearts are heavy our minds are light" or my all time favorite, by Mao, "last night I dreamed that I died and went to Marxist heaven where I was met by Lenin who asked me, `Mao, what do you know?` to which I replied, nothing". A tough act to follow, indeed.