[Marxism] No Bounce for Kerry

Lou Paulsen Loupaulsen at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 2 22:08:19 MDT 2004

Interesting experiment from the ABB crowd.  Democrats attempting a
persuasive campaign for Republican issues contributes to giving the
Republicans a boost in the polls.

ML

- - - - -

I'm not writing this because I'm a Kerry fan, but:

- the polls are split about whether he got a "bounce" or not.  Two say yes
and two say no.

- Furthermore, I think that a convention "bounce" this year may have been
less likely than in other years, regardless of policy considerations,
because the candidates have been running and spending at full speed for
months now.  In previous years the convention was sort of the official
kick-off of the campaign.  This year it is just a bump in the road.

Of course I should be ashamed of myself as a Marxist for wasting five
minutes on writing about something as trivial as the Kerry bounce question.

Lou Paulsen