[Marxism] Re: Vote Bush, because Kerry is Making the Liberals Dumb, Dumb, ...

Scotlive at aol.com Scotlive at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 14:16:44 MDT 2004

Tony

I agree completely with both you and Walter. The battle for the US election
is a battle between two sections of the same ruling class. As Bush's policies
continue to flounder against massive and sustained Iraqi resistance, alarm and
disdain has spread among those, such as George Soros, who see their economic
and class interests threatened. Just as the slavocracy and industrial magnates
squared off in the civil war, you can see a north-south divide in the US
ruling class today. In simple terms there is a southern oil aristocracy which
requires ever new and cheaper sources of oil vying for control against the banks
and financial institutions which rely on stability and the confidence of
investors and borrowers. Bush. The faction of the ruling class behind this president
see the way forward as control of the world's energy reserves, either directly
through supply or indirectly through prices, along with the concomitant
growth in the military industrial complex. This approach is antithetical to the
interests of the financial institutions and banks which, as I said, require
stable international money markets.

Solidarity
Scot