[Marxism] Re: Grantite's in Venezuela

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Sat Aug 7 20:48:13 MDT 2004

I agree with much of what Ilyenkova states. The CMI (Committee for a Marxist
International, the Grantite international current as it's formally called) has
generally a perspective in Venezuela I approve of, at least from what I've read.

They do, however, state clearly that the future of the Venezuelan Revolution
lies in building "their" current not with Chavez. This runs throughout both
Woods statements and from their political articles from Marxist.com.

My only real objection to what they are doing is their "Hands Off Venezuala"
campaign, or rather an aspect of it, I agree with the politics of it. I've also
signed or endorses this but I think they appear to have little experience in
building a united front campaign. The bottom of their home page has links only
their curents (or 'sects' in some people's terminology). Most of the articles
come from CMI writers and it has the appearance of being an appendenge of the
Marxist.com/CMI web site. This is not how to build a united front, in my
experience... and what's needed is a real united front to defend the gains of
the Venezuelan revolution.

David