[Marxism] Numbers question

Rod Holt rholt at planeteria.net
Sat Aug 7 23:22:29 MDT 2004

Hi Jurriaan:
There is an outfit called

Center for Responsive Politics
1101 14th Street, NW, Suite 1030
Washington, DC 20005
202/857-0044; 202/857-7809
info at crp.org; http://www.opensecrets.org
They send out data and generally well written news stories regularly concerning who is buying whom in US politics.
They are also at
www.capitaleye.org; www.fecwatch.org
If you go to

http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/index.asp

and just click around for a while you will see what is available. Since US election law requires recording names, etc., of individuals who contribute significant amounts, the number of such people and their affiliations may be useful to you.

Looking at http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/donordemographics.asp?cycle=2002 gives  the relative numbers of people who donated to the Dems (only) and the Pubs (only) or both and the relative sums involved. You can go back to 1990 from this site.
		--rod