[Marxism] Wal-Mart Democracy

gdunkel at mindspring.com gdunkel at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 8 22:03:05 MDT 2004

However workers in the Walmarts in Jonquiere Quebec have petitioned
for a union and according to reports in the Guardian, Gazette and various
French language websites, local 503 TUAC (Travailleurs et travailleuses
unis de l'alimentation et du commerce) are officially recognized by the
Quebec Labor Department as having the right to bargain for the workers.

Quebec law forbids a company from closing a location to block a union
contract.

More later.  But I don't think all the labor news from Canada is negative.

/greg