[Marxism] The Kerry's (?) and the Right of Return...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 9 11:07:03 MDT 2004

>Question: if both John Kerry's paternal grandparents were Jewish, whence the
>name Kerry?  What names did these grandparents carry? (oops, sorry...)
>
>Dan Elliott
>Sacramento

John Kerry has Jewish roots -- who knew?
PETER EPHROSS
Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Two of Kerry's grandparents were Jewish, it turns out.

Kerry, who is a practicing Catholic, said he has known for 15 years
that his paternal grandmother was Jewish, but had unsuccessfully
searched for news of his paternal grandfather's roots.

However, a genealogist hired by the Boston Globe found that Kerry's
grandfather was born to a Jewish family in a small town in the Czech
Republic.

"This is incredible stuff," Kerry told the Globe. "I think it is more
than interesting. It is a revelation."

The records show that his grandfather, Frederick Kerry, was born as
Fritz Kohn. He changed his name to Kerry in 1902, immigrated to the
United States in 1905 -- and committed suicide in a Boston hotel in
1921.

<http://www.jewishsf.com/bk030207/us02.shtml>