[Marxism] Fidel Castro "horrified by China"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 10 12:23:41 MDT 2004

Craig Brozefsky wrote:
> Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:
>
> LP, I'm curious as to why you have forwarded this bit of chum?
>
> It seems to consist mostly of quotes from western diplomats and
> "analysts" with the whole Castro "horrified of China" bit being a
> statement from a European displomat.

It appeared originally on Walter Lippmann's Cubanews list and I
forwarded it without close analysis.

> gawd.
>
> Really, what contribution did you see that article making?

I guess it falls into the same category as the Heritage Foundation piece
I posted here a while back that warns against lumping the recalcitrant
Cuban communists with the reasonable Chinese ones who were making huge
progress toward a market economy.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org