[Marxism] To Tariq Ali

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Thu Aug 12 15:52:17 MDT 2004

Louis Proyect wrote:

<snip>

> In any case, even though I think you are full of beans on this
> "defeating Bush" stuff, keep up the good work on other fronts. Nobody's
> perfect.

Louis, I'd just like to point out that in British English "full of
beans" means "energetic" - As I understand it from the context you eman
you think that Tariq is wrong (and I agree with you there) - the only
phrase that I can think of with this meaning used in British English is
"full of shit", but I suspect that is a bit stronger than what you want
to say. Once again "divided by a common language"!

Einde O'Callaghan