[Marxism] Re: Mark Lause on sociology as "unscientific" and "bourgeois"

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Aug 15 09:26:45 MDT 2004

.     Am  15.08.04
 schrieb  andromeda246 at hetnet.nl (Jurriaan Bendien)
     bei  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
      in  000f01c482d0$351da440$0100000a at jurriaan
   ueber  Re: [Marxism] Mark Lause on sociology as "unscientific" and "bourgeois

JB> A case could be made that some sociological research is specifically
JB> "bourgeois" in its perspective, method, goals or staffing, but this
JB> does not make all sociology as discipline "bourgeois" in principle,
JB> nor does it prove that the research is thereby invalid.

   Replace "some" by "most", and I agree.

   The problem is, the closer a science is to acual social relations,
the more it is subject of ideological deformation.

   Since Marx published his master work, economic "science" at
universities is nothing more than production of ideology --
obfuscating the reality of class relations (I have studied national
economy myself...), with a few exceptions of professors who have been
swept into their posts by the pressure of the student radicalization
of the 60ies and 70ies.

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
/------------ L.WILLMS at jpberlin.de --