[Marxism] Various things: new photo; Idaho notes; Tom and Mimie are married; and more

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 18 20:58:59 MDT 2004

NOTE BY HUNTER BEAR:  [This to a few lists.]

Big, Big Doings: Thomas [my grandson/son] and Mimie Chilinda [from Zambia]
have just gotten married!  Fine development.

Thomas has just taken a new photo of me which I much like and which will go
on our Lair of Hunterbear website for the next several months.  Consensus is
that I look much better, certainly not wasting away, and gone is the
haunted, desperate look of Lupus.  We are making a few commentary
adjustments here and there on our Lair website -- which can be noted in due
course by folks.  If interested, the new photo can be seen at -

http://www.hunterbear.org/directory.htm

We intend to kill this Lupus.  If I could do it with my Ruger Single Six .22
mag revolver -- or one of my  lever action 45/70s [Marlin and Winchester] --
I would do so in a flash.  Otherwise -- in addition to the medicine [most of
which I hate]-- good nutrition and much, much exercise and intensive
concentration may all combine to send it forever into the Canyon That Has No
Bottom.  Prayers and good thoughts are certainly welcome from the Four
Directions.  We do not accept the premise of the medics that I can expect
neither cure nor meaningful remission.

I [and a family member or two] continue to walk regularly with Hunter
[Shelty] up into the steep hills that rise high immediately above our home.
It's demanding as hell but we keep at it.  We live, of course, on the far
far upper edge of the Pocatello "frontier" and only a stone's toss to the
Bureau of Land Management border and the public lands. Great view of great
mountains.

It is raining here and much more is scheduled.  There was heavy snow last
winter and early spring -- and then rain through the spring and well into
this summer.  Following a very brief dry spell, we now have much more coming
down from the pleasantly dark skies. Flood warnings are out in the lower
elevations -- Snake River and the much smaller Portneuf -- and reservoirs
are filling fast.

It's starting into the 40s at night and one of our many trees, a Lombardy
Poplar [the historic Mormon tree in the Intermountain West], is losing some
leaves.  Game -- deer, elk, moose, coyotes, cats et al -- is beginning to
move down from the higher elevations.  Coyotes are doing much nearby howling
at night.

The absolutely devastating Western drought is over in these parts -- and
some other regions.  Fall is moving into Idaho.

And, of course, we all continue to vigorously support the very promising
grassroots populist campaign of Lin Whitworth which aims to take the Second
Congressional seat presently held by right winger, Mike Simpson. [Long time
labor activist Brother Whitworth is the grandfather of my youngest
daughter's very special friend indeed, Cameron Evans, a staunch IBEW
member.]

In the mountains of Eastern Idaho.

Nialetch/Onen

HUNTER GRAY  [HUNTER BEAR]   Micmac /St. Francis Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
www.hunterbear.org
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'

remembering way. [Hunter Bear]