[Marxism] Re: Marxism Digest, Vol 10, Issue 51

Dan Elliott cuibono at rcip.com
Thu Aug 19 13:05:19 MDT 2004

I've been following with interest the evolution of the discussion re "what kind of "revolutionary party" (sic) do we need?"

While many of the contributions contain useful ideas, (esp. I would say, those of "Scotlive"), this last by Andy Pollack is for me a highwater mark.

But for the life of me I can't understand how he could produce a litany like this one:

"People and publications such as Stan
Goff, Counterpunch, the youth around Left Hook, the leftwing and activist
core of Solidarity, independent-minded members of "Marxist-Leninist"
groups, pro-Nader Greens will be challenged..."

 And not mention the Million Worker March!!!

(!)

 But I also have a question, about this "Solidarity" outfit. I've so far ignored it, taking it to be -- from the name -- something inspired by the Polish version of "Solidarity" known as "Solidarnosc". (AKA "The Falange of Slavic Sacrifice";^)*

The "Solidarity" recently mentioned on this list doesn't exist in the Sactomato area, as far as I know. So I'm curious: is this something other than another reformist crypto-2nd International outfit like DSA & CCDS? If so, I'd be interested in checking it out -- this town, with its vast "entitlement class" & working poor population, could really use a bunch of dedicated fanatic "vanguards" who'd be willing to make a long term committment to some grassroots organizing.

??

Dan Elliott
Sacramento

*(trivial in-joke -- if you don't get it, forget it:)