[Marxism] Building the revolutionary party

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Aug 19 16:01:17 MDT 2004

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Building the revolutionary party
Remitido por: Louis Proyect
Fecha: Jueves 19 de Agosto de 2004
Hora: 10:30
*****

> A revolutionary party in the USA, or any other country for that
> matter, will come together as a kind of coalescing of the natural
> leaders of the working class and the mass movement.

True.

What does not prevent a group to consider itself "Marxist" by
creating a close-knit web of ideas and common actions, and wait for
the moment to come when they will be able to coalesce.

It is not within the ability of such a group (nor of any group) to
make such a coallescence to take place.  You need lots of historic
conditions.  Marxmail, for instance, is one of those historic
conditions.  I have an idea that many people who write here would
have never dreamed of a civilized debate among them before.

That is a step ahead.

But sectarianism (or what many would call sectarianism) or the
tendency to splinter have to do with objective conditions.  It is
always possible to point out some road ahead, whatever the situation.
 But let us assume that it is easier to find out where is the road
in, say, today's Venezuela than in today's Texas.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822