[Marxism] Walter Contreras Sheasby

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 20 18:34:48 MDT 2004

I'm shocked and saddened to hear Walt died.

From: Mike Feinstein <mfeinstein at feinstein.org>
Send reply to: mfeinstein at feinstein.org
To: usgp-media at gp-us.org
Subject: [usgp-media] Former four-time GPCA candidate dies of West Nile Disease
Date sent: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:29:57 -0700

We've just learned that Walt Sheasby, a Southern California Green
active since 1992, has passed away from West Nile disease.

A reporter from the Ontario Daily Bulletin contacted several of us,
and told us that Walt had been in the hospital since August 10th.

Our County Green press office Tom Bolema is preparing some background
information on Walt, so that we can do a proper release commemorating
his contributions to the party.

Please pass this on to any Greens who may have known Walt well, and
ask them to email to lacounty at cagreens.org if they have any
information about Walt that we should share.

----

Below are the records from the four times Walt ran for office.

1/03/98
Special Election
Walt Sheasby
California
U.S. House of Representatives, District 28
Place: 4
5 running for 1 seat
1954 votes, 1.2%

11/05/96
General Election
Walt Sheasby
California
U.S. House of Representatives, District 27 (Los Angeles)
Place: 4
5 running for 1 seat
4195 votes, 2.2%

11/08/94
General Election
Walt Sheasby
California
State Senate, District 29 (Los Angeles)
4373 votes, 2.3%

11/03/92
General Election
Walt Sheasby
California
U.S. House of Representatives, District 28 (Los Angeles)
Place: 3
4 running for 1 seat
6233 votes, 3%
--