[Marxism] Nestor's apology

michael a. lebowitz mlebowit at sfu.ca
Sun Aug 22 17:29:57 MDT 2004

Nestor Gorojovsky
<mailto:marxism%40lists.econ.utah.edu?Subject=An%20apology%20to%20David%20and%20many%20others%20Re%3A%20%5BMarxism%5D%20Tariq%20Ali%20and%20Chavez&In-Reply-To=20040821010837.XDPH15743.tomts22-srv.bellnexxia.net%40Default>nestorgoro
at fibertel.com.ar  wrote
Sat Aug 21 14:11:24 MDT 2004

> <http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism/2004-August/012669.html>An
> apology to David and many others Re: [Marxism] Tariq Ali and Chavez
>
>----------
>
>Well, I believe I owe David, and many others, an apology.
>
>I thought it was quite obvious, from all my general line on this list
>and from my whole political life (which of course no-one is obliged
>to know) that my comment was a ridiculization of what would some
>sectarian "Marxists" answer.
>
>The political group I belong to was the _only_ one in Buenos Aires
>who, in 1992, saluted Chávez's military attempt on its press.  We
>were also the only group that opened up its premises for him to
>deliver a speech in 1995, when Chávez was still an "ex-golpista"
>(that is, a former coup maker or however you translate the idea into
>English).
>
>I am currently working at the editors' staff of the Argentinean
>version of Question Latinoamérica, a pro-Chávez political magazine
>where left-wing Peronists, non-sectarian Leftists and National Left
>people contribute in the defence of Latin American unification, among
>other equally worthy causes.
>
>It was obvious for me that with such a record, I could not have been
>mistaken for the idiotic sectarian I tried to ridiculize on my notes.

Yes, your revisionist position is obvious. Not once in the above do you
mention factory workers. You probably think buhoneros are important to
think about, too!
         michael
Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724