[Marxism] Re: Marxism Digest, Vol 10, Issue 64

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at resist.ca
Mon Aug 23 12:08:31 MDT 2004

> This, unfortunately, is to be classed among one more of Lula's vapid
> gestures of  verbal solidarity with a supposedly good cause.

(clip)

  But then the progressive elements in Brazil's foreign policy
> are becoming purely an issue of what Brazil has _not_ done (e.g. supporting
> the US in Iraq); in Venezuela, on the other way, Lula was conspicuosly noted
> by his failure to stand by Chavez.

(clip)

Though the indicator of not "standing by" Chavez is pretty damning, the
real sins of Lula have more to do with the lead role he has taken Brazil
into the occupation of Haiti. We are kidding ourselves if this even spends
one minute being overlooked.

Agreed, what you "haven't done" is nowhere as important as what is your
actual program, or trajectory. That trajectory, today, is on the side of
the occupiers-- which is *the* most unpardonable sin, no matter how many
confessionals he goes to... 20, 30, 40, 50 years of proletarian service
cannot make up for this momentous crime. To Hell with Lula, and let us hope
he sparks the resurgence of the MST with his betrayals. He is no better
than an Arab selling the Israelis concrete to build the Apartheid Wall.

--
Macdonald Stainsby