[Marxism] Sorry, But Is Google Email Really What You Want?

William Quimby wquimby at ecr.net
Sat Aug 28 11:28:55 MDT 2004

Oh gosh oh gee! Before anyone uses or continues to
use Google email (Gmail) they should - really
really should - catch up on the arguments that
privacy advocates are making (and have been making
since the service was announced). I have added a
couple of linked references (the first is from The
Electronic Privacy Information Center) but there
are lots more to be found via a Google :) or Yahoo
search.

http://www.epic.org/privacy/gmail/faq.html

http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/GmailLetter.htm

One does find counter argument, but largely from
the folks who say "...the internet is already
capturing everything you do, say, or think, so why
worry about this one?"

- Bill