[Marxism] Re: Mealy Mouthed ZNet Advocates Third Road Position on Sudan

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Aug 28 13:39:17 MDT 2004

There are many things I can fault our comrades on the Left for doing.
Being upset with the government of Sudan ranks somewhere below the
RadLibs' failure to call for the self-determination of the Munchkins in
the land of Oz.

Shooting ourselves might be helpful if we have become so stupefied by
our abstract theories that we hesitate to condemn state terror waged
against unarmed civilians because the state is African--or Arab--or
anything else.  The converse--reducing our role to a simple support
mechanism for this or that Third World government--is not
internationalism.

Solidarity!
Mark L.