"A Wash" Re: [Marxism] Sadrist victory

Octob1917 at aol.com Octob1917 at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 23:28:19 MDT 2004

In a message dated 8/28/2004 10:14:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
g.maclennan at qut.edu.au writes:
I think more and more that it is nonsense to speak in terms
of Sadr having a draw with the Occupation.  With each
conflict he becomes more and more important.  True many of
his militia have been killed, but they are learning and are
becoming ever more determined.

I agree. A resistance movement engaged in armed struggle against the
overwhelming odds of an occupying force wins by not losing, while the occupier loses
by not winning.

The Iraqi resistance, merely by continuing to exist, retains the upper hand
both militarily and in terms of the no less important propaganda war.

Joe

Joe