[Marxism] Re: The Imperialist Squeeze on Sudan

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 29 13:33:19 MDT 2004

Tony Abdo wrote:

> This media info culling is not a good substitute to consistently
> opposing the militarism of our own government, Lou.  Solidarity
> campaigning for the Fur people and their dar in New York City is not
> building a movement against US troops being stationed and used in
> Africa.

I see that you have dropped the ZNet article and have moved on to
badmouth Solidarity. This is why I find debates with you so tiring. When
I told you that the ZNet article was beyond reproach, you stopped
defending your attack on it and changed the subject.

> about the gangsters there in the government. Though he remains to a
> great degree silent on what his own US government should do, which is to
> go take a flying fuck off and out of Africa.

What do you mean by "silent"? I said that we should oppose US military
intervention (and economic sanctions, even though I didn't mention
that). So does ZNet and so does Solidarity. Anything else is besides the
point.

> Supporting self determination around the globe I vow to talk less about
> gangsters in Khartoum, and more about gangsters in New York City.  And
> against gangsters in Texas, too, Lou.  But if any worker down here wants
> to know, I will speak out for self determiination for the Fur in Sudan
> from Khartoum gangsterism.  I would be revolutionary shurker if I did not.

You are really quite the exemplary anti-imperialist.

--
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org