[Marxism] RE: Moderator's Note

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 09:50:00 MDT 2004

An innocent query- is that really necessary?

cheers.

Louis Proyect Wrote:

Tony Abdo is being unsubbed. It
is a waste of time to answer this kind of ultraleftist rant when so many
other important questions need addressing.

Over the past year or so, we have gotten sidetracked into unnecessary
debates triggered by his incomprehension of the Marxist theory of value,
his denial that Al Qaeda is a terrorist group (!), etc. Now with this
latest brouhaha over the Sudan, it has become clear to me that he just
doesn't have enough familiarity with Marxist thought to participate here.

Tony Abdo was a member of a Marxist organization about 30 years ago but
has morphed into a kind of eclectic radical, which of course is his
privilege. This business about "quoting judicial authorities from Engels
to Gramsci, Trotsky to Lenin" is just his way of saying that our
intellectual traditions are not very germane to his participation here.
Obviously, Abdo-thought takes priority. I invite Tony to participate in
other radical forums on the Internet, starting with LBO-Talk, where he
will not be constrained by such ideological straitjackets.