[Marxism] RE: Moderator's Note

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 12:14:23 MDT 2004

I have probably been told to cool or to drop a thread as often as
anyone, but I have to point out that this is a list open to the general
public.  We all know that we have our share of police agent lurkers and
that it's a magnet for every theorist engaged in "the struggle for
proletarian clarify amidst a factional frenzy" but incapable of holding
a group together.  We can't do anything about the former and the latter
can be interesting and helpful, if they are kept focused.

However, you will also get people who "talk" to hear their keys rattle.
Jesus H. Christ!  Were people actually reading what Tony was writing?
And I don't think he actually believed half of what he was saying.

Such a list member is not "a dissenter".  They are more like drunks
stumbling into the nearest bar to a major demonstration.  Nice to see
them.  Buy them a beer.  ...but if you start giving them time, they'll
belch the "Internationale" and want you to name a group after them.

Yes, the bouncer's human and can make mistakes, but the ejectee can
always mosey down to the next saloon.

Solidarity!
Mark L.