[Marxism] RE: Moderator's Note

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 30 15:47:23 MDT 2004

From:           	"Mark Lause" <MLause at cinci.rr.com>

<<<<However, you will also get people who "talk" to hear their
keys rattle.
Jesus H. Christ!  Were people actually reading what Tony was writing?>>>

 Yes.

And I don't think he actually believed half of what he was saying. >>>>

 It's seems that every time someone is deleted from this list certain
list members take the opportunity to direct some parting shots at
deleted member -- therefore not allowing the individual a chance to
respond.

I would think that the more appropriate thing  would be to forward
your personal thoughts of Tony directly to him.

Thomas Lannon writes:

<<<< - however, most of what he wrote seemed to be from his
*ahem* heart, and for that he deserved at least some respect.  On
the other hand, there is a lot of mail that gets forwarded to the
Marxmail list from other sources, i.e. news articles without any
original commentary.  I am just an innocent lurker, interested in
understanding more about Marx and Marxist ideas affecting living
men, in living situations...  but would it be wrong for me to suggest
that original information is better then copied information? >>>>>

  Both compliment each other, otherwise how do we develop our
ideas? Certaintly, reading and discussing Marx et al. is important --
yet staying attuned to events in the world (even if that means
reading bourgeois sources) and reflecting and sharing our thoughts
on these events seems equally important.

This is what made Marx, Lenin et al. marxist.