[Marxism] Organizers and NYC cop agree: 500,000 marched

Octob1917 at aol.com Octob1917 at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 19:48:44 MDT 2004

In a message dated 8/30/2004 6:30:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
marvgandall at rogers.com writes:
Those who think it can are, IMO, missing a rare opening to the Democratic
base, which is a pity because  it’s almost certain this is where a
significant US left would begin to emerge, if at all.

I disagree with you on that. To describe the Democratic as Left is to deny
the facts. They lie at right of center at best, in my view, and really always
have done. It is only in comparison to the GOP that they appear left (primarily
on social issues), but given that the GOP constitute the missing link between
social-democracy and black booted fascism, that's hardly a surprise, is it?

We must abandon once and for all this notion that anyone affiliated to, or
who supports, the Demcoratic Party is anything other than a cheerleader for US
chauvinism, economic, military and cultural imperialism around the world.

Our constituents are the disenfranchised majority, those of the oppressed
communities, those who fill the prisons, the disaffected and marginalised.

Those who commit crimes motivated by poverty are already in revolt. All they
lack is the consciousness which can turn an individual act of criminal
rebellion into its social counterpart.

Joe