[Marxism] millenarianism or flagging morale? was: Bush on "war on terror": 'I don't think you can win it.'

mds zenporcupinegrind at breathe.com
Tue Aug 31 09:09:34 MDT 2004

Ticktin's analysis of the war on terror is quite apt here; familiar
themes of perennial ongoing conflict in order to maintain economic,
social and political hegemony and stabilise finance capital. Whilst far
from being a universally accepted perspective (many have doubts over
the finance-capital stabilisation thesis, and especially the
perspectives of the dampening effect of Stalinism on crises that
Ticktin asserts) it does make for an interesting critique.

Indeed, the point of Bush's (as figurehead) 'war on terror' is, as Mike
says, precisely that it is ill-defined, and ongoing.

-Marc