Not a Flame tho perhaps bad tone Re: [Marxism] From M E R (MiddleEast Realities)

James Daly james.irldaly at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 31 11:23:34 MDT 2004

Now that the temperature has cooled, I'd like to venture a few words.
Although I am not knowledgeable about evolutionary biology and the other
subjects Carrol brings up, I am politically and intellectually disposed to
believe he is quite right about them, and would welcome being educated about
them -- in some other thread.
The problem seems to be the real and perennial one of humour (cf John
Cleese, Ali G.).
By the way, I didn't *write* the whole piece, much less did I *write* just
the four offending words.  I found it in a pro-Palestinian (not "leftist")
web site, and passed it on.  I am sure it could be expurgated, the way Paul
Robeson expurgated "Old Man River".
Every best wish to Carrol,
James