[Marxism] Organizers and NYC cop agree: 500,000 marched

Octob1917 at aol.com Octob1917 at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 11:29:39 MDT 2004

In a message dated 8/31/2004 9:21:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cbcox at ilstu.edu writes:
You realize that the bulk of the marchers will come from sectors of the
working class that bourgeois sociologists (and too damn many marxists)
call "middle class."

Our core task is the uniting of the working class around anti-capitalist
(anti-racist, anti-sexist, etc) struggles. That task is hardly aided by
dividing the working class in our fundamental theory.

This is nonsense. Our core task is educating - ourselves in the first
instance - people as to the true nature of the system which governs their lives. The
fact that politicians and bourgeois sociologists refer to everyone as either
being middle class or trying to be middle class is an indication of the fear in
which they regard workers and the potential for working class solidarity.

We are in the midst of a class war, waged by a conscious ruling class on an
as yet unconscious working class and oppressed communities. The fundamentalism
of which you speak is reflected in the zeal with which our class enemies wage
this war. The million worker march is the coming together of workers - those
who possess a class consciousness regardless of labels attached by the
bourgeoisie - who realise that militant struggle is the only defense.

Joe