[Marxism] Why They Hate Us...

M. Junaid Alam mjunaidalam at msalam.net
Fri Dec 3 14:09:21 MST 2004

[from the Left Hook War Blog]: http://lefthook.org/v-web/b2/index.php

Leftists have been saying for a long time that the main problem of
antagonism between America and the Islamic world is the destructive
foreign policy of America, and not - as the Right insists - the result
of some general hatred, jealousy, or secret plot by Muslims to change
Western society because of women’s skirt lengths.

Well, it now appears we have a new ally in making this case: the US
Defense Department.

A report was issued by the Defense Science Board
<http://search.csmonitor.com/search_content/1129/dailyUpdate.html> -
comprised of America’s top military brass and spies - and reads, in
part, as follows:

"'Muslims do not hate our freedom, but rather they hate our policies
[the report says]. The overwhelming majority voice their objections to
what they see as one-sided support in favor of Israel and against
Palestinian rights, and the long-standing, even increasing, support for
what Muslims collectively see as tyrannies, most notably Egypt, Saudi
Arabia, Jordan, Pakistan and the Gulf states. Thus, when American public
diplomacy talks about bringing democracy to Islamic societies, this is
seen as no more than self-serving hypocrisy.'"

Eat your heart out, Ann Coulter.