[Marxism] Robert Brenner follow-up

Mike Friedman mikedf at mail.amnh.org
Fri Dec 3 18:33:22 MST 2004

Gould DIDN'T believe that "Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny," but
specifically rejected that formulation of Ernst Haeckel's, as do most
modern evolutionary biologists. In fact, he wrote a book on that theory,
called, appropriately enough, Ontogeny and Phylogeny. He considered it an
essentialist concept.

Mike