[Marxism] Why They Hate Us...

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 10:00:43 MST 2004

"M. Junaid Alam" <mjunaidalam at msalam.net> wrote:

>That's nice to know. Maybe you need to read up on some history - and yes, there is >actually a history,
>pre 1980, of Islam; it is not inherently more "anti-modern" than other
>religions. I'd say it has historically been way more progressive than Judaism or >Christianity.

This thread reminds me of an account I read of the "Crusades". During a truce period European and Arab physicians got together to compare notes on each others medical procedures. Afterwards an Arab and Muslim doctor exclaimed, "My god, the Christians are still bleeding (applying blood sucking leeches to the body-km) patients in this day and age!" By the western calender this was the 13th century. As late as the early 19th century "bleeding" was still be used by doctors in the US.