[Marxism] Veterans, Military families, supporters hold public meeting NY Sat Dec 11

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 6 09:14:00 MST 2004

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember
NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER

THE ELECTIONS ARE OVER
BUT THE WAR ISN'T

TREAT THEM RIGHT WHEN THEY GET BACK
BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW

Veterans, Military Families, Supporters
Public Meeting & Speak Out

Saturday December 11, 2004 . 3-6 PM
Community Church . 40 E 35th Street . NYC
(corner of Madison)

S P E A K E R S :

Stan Goff . Served over 20 years in the Green Berets and
authored two books, Hideous Dreams and Full Spectrum
Disorder about his experiences. He is a founding member of
the Bring Them Home Now Campaign.

Christian Parenti . Travelled to Iraq and Afghanistan as a
journalist whose articles appear regularly in The Nation
magazine.

Pat Gunn . Served in the US Navy from 1972-78 and joined
Military Families Speak Out after her son Jason was sent to
Iraq.

Job Mashariki . Executive Director of Black Veterans for
Social Justice, a multi-service organization based in
Brooklyn, NY

Michael Hoffman . Was a Marine artilleryman during the
invasion of Iraq in March 2003 and is co-founder of Iraq
Veterans Against the War

OPEN MICROPHONE AND DISCUSSION

Music by Stephan Smith ("The Bell") and Dennis Kyne
("Support the Truth")

Many hoped the recent elections would signal a positive
change in national direction but this did not happen. We now
face continuing wars abroad and
worsening social conditions as well as more attacks on
freedom here at home.

We can give up OR continue to organize and mobilize for
progress. Come to a public assembly to hear speakers discuss
the issues and stand up for what is right. ALL ARE WELCOME.

SPONSORED BY THE NY METRO VETERANS PEACE COUNCIL:
Military Families Speak Out
Iraq Veterans Against the War
Veterans For Peace
Vietnam Veterans Against the War

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL: 212-726-0557 OR 201-876-0430

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor