[Marxism] The forces of media reaction unite: Fox hooks up with Clear Channel

Charlie Parks jcparks5550 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:16:25 MST 2004

Today's Democracy Now program informs us that Fox News will be pumping its
reactionary bile into the already reactionary Clear Channel's radio news
bulletins.  Corporate synergy at work, I suppose--it's a way around more
obvious forms of media consodilation, to be sure. Personally, I've already
been exposed to another variant of rightwing media synergy here in
Nashville, where the notorious rightwing media company Sinclair owns the
local Fox affiliate. The station is thus able to deliver Fox's fair and
balanced national news coverage while also gracing us with the regular
editorial commentaries of Sinclair vice-president Mark Hyman. I wouldn't
wish such viewing pleasure on my worst enemy (not least because my worst
enemy would probably enjoy it whole heartedly!).--CP

>From Democracy Now, 12/6/04

Fox News To Partner With Clear Channel
The Wall Street Journal is reporting Fox News will soon become the primary
news provider to radio giant Clear Channel. By mid-next year as many as 500
Clear Channel radio stations will be airing hourly five-minute news reports
from Fox. Many stations will also carry syndicated talk shows hosted by Fox
News personalities.