[Marxism] Alleged murders of the 41st Infantry Regiment

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 22:19:59 MST 2004

Once inside, Williams and May stood in front of the Iraqi.

"You know what you have to do," Williams told May, according to an
account of the incident presented by military attorneys.

"Can I shoot him?" May asked Williams.

"Shoot him," Williams replied, according to military attorneys.

May fired two shots.

" I shot him in the head twice, took a picture of him, and walked
outside," May told military investigator, Special Agent James
Suprynowicz, in a sworn statement several weeks later. It was read in
court Monday.

After the shooting, May bragged about the incident to fellow soldiers,
prosecutors alleged.

"Spc. May was pretty hyped up," Spc. Joshua R. Sickels of the 1-41st
testified. "He was excited. He said he'd never shot someone that close
up before."

When his commanding officer asked him what happened, May replied that
the Iraqi tried to grab a gun. In the sworn statement later, May
admitted that he fired two shots at the unarmed Iraqi man, according to
Suprynowicz.

He told investigators that he shot the man "because I was ordered to,"
Suprynowicz testified.

After soldiers dragged the bleeding man from the house, his wife became
hysterical, wailing, throwing dirt in the air and beating herself with
her hands. Soldiers watched in shock as she laid her baby on top of the
man's bleeding body.

FULL AT
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2EC155F9
OR
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/iraq/la-fg-
shooting7dec07,0,5176587.story?coll=la-home-headlines