[Marxism] Niall Ferguson

steve heeren tzsche at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 7 13:07:32 MST 2004

Louis:

you said recently (couldn't find the exact one) that you have written
some critical analyses of or to Michael Ignatieff (our modest canadian
contribution to the defense of empire, but very slippery). Have you
written anything to or about Niall Ferguson, the latest star in the
defense and exaltation of empire?  i heard him recently on CBC radio and
he made my blood boil. Although he is very knowledgeable as an
historian, he ultimately defends the US empire on the grounds that it
the only defense against...terrorism. No wonder this privately (they say
"public")-schooled Scotsman is now rewarded with a post at Harvard (just
like Ignatieff!)

i know there must be marxist assaults on this apologist but I'm not
adept enough with google to find them.

steve heeren

--
The weight of this sad time we must obey.
Speak what you feel, not what you ought to say.

                        Shakespeare (King Lear)