[Marxism] Re: A query

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Tue Dec 7 15:53:00 MST 2004

.    On  07.12.04
  wrote  nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar (Nestor Gorojovsky)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  41B5DB77.31684.38C72C at localhost
  about  [Marxism] A query

NG> What do all those groups of the Left who hailed the fall of Milosevic
NG> say now on the "velvet revolutions" in Ukraine, Georgia, etc.

   I see important differences between those mobilizations.

   What we now see in Ukraine is, so to say, what comes after the
downfall of the old-style stalinist burocracy or their immediate
heirs, symbolized in Germany by breaking down the Berlin Wall from the
East (instead of a military attack from the west).

   Sure, there are mass mobilizations going on, especially in Kiev,
but their outcome is no real change. There is no real difference
between the two candidates (I can't memorize their names), except that
the masses are fed up with what they have to endure and for which they
obviously hold the outgoing government responsible. But the
"opposition" candidate will be in the same situation as his
predecessors in a few years time.

Saludos,

"Es sind nicht die Generäle und Könige, die die Geschichte machen,
sondern die breiten Massen des Volkes"                - Nelson Mandela