[Marxism] Homeless hawks

acpollack2 at juno.com acpollack2 at juno.com
Fri Dec 10 12:46:14 MST 2004

Thanks for posting this, Louis. I was so sad viewing the pix in the Times yesterday of the nest before destruction, and the poor hawk trying (futilely because of the wind) to rebuild it afterward.

By coincidence last night I finished Shaw's "Doctor's Dilemma," a witty savaging of private healthcare. Toward the end one character points out that people's thoughtless brutality towards animals prepares them to be equally brutal toward other people. (Is it really such a large leap from killing tens of thousands of dogs and cats in New York to shrugging your shoulders at "unpreventable" human murders?).

P.S. Re Marx and Lessig, don't forget to check out John Bellamy Foster's "Marx's Ecology" where he analyzes the links in depth.