[Marxism] Destroying Anata/Anathoth and Falluja/Pumbeditha

Jurriaan Bendien andromeda246 at hetnet.nl
Fri Dec 10 13:39:25 MST 2004

Personally, I think it's really shocking. How can they say "The United
States values the sanctity of the individual and is committed to preventing
human rights abuses" and then finance this barbarism?

Dipping into the book of Jeremiah for a clue on a night cold as the witch's
tit,
I found he actually had quite a turn a phrase. "Moreover the word of the
LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see
a rod of an almond tree. Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well
seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it. And the word of the LORD
came unto me the second time, saying, What seest thou? And I said,
I see a seething pot; and the face thereof is toward the north.
Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth
upon all the inhabitants of the land. For, lo, I will call all the families
of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come,
and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the
gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and
against all the cities of Judah. And I will utter my judgments against them
touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense
unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands. Thou therefore
gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee:
be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them."

I was reminded of the famous song by the band Three Dog Night.
Interestingly, founding members Chuck Negron (doo-wop fan), Cory Wells
(black gospel fan), Danny Hutton ( Little Richard fan) initially recorded a
few tracks with the Beach Boys' Bryan Wilson (including "Darlin'," which was
a 1968 Beach Boys hit) who called this band "Redwood", which later became
"Three Dog Night", named after the Australian aboriginal expression for a
cold night, when you practically need 3 dingo's to keep you
warm (cf. also the novels by Peter Goldsworthy and Mark Haddon).
Incredibly, they still seem to be performing these days.

Musician and band promotor Van Dyke Parks later said: "I've been under the
impression that I'd discovered the name, but Danny [Hutton] tells me 'tain't
so. He says the name was discovered by June Wilson [Fairchild]. I doubt it.
I remember "Mankind" magazine as bathroom-reading matter in Danny's
Weepah Way house in Laurel Canyon. There was a picture of an aboriginal
Australian at night, curled up in the cold with three dogs. Somehow, I
suspect
that June Wilson just wasn't into anthropology. I may be wrong, but it's
true, the group became "Three Dog Night" because I refused to promote
a group with the name "Tricycle."

We'll all be planning that route
We're gonna take real soon
We'll be shaking out our keyboards
We can't wait for June
We'll all be gone before the summer
We're on surfari this way
Tell the teacher we're hackin', hackin' USA

Jurriaan