[Marxism] Re: "The Horrible Toll on US Troops"

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Dec 12 02:25:00 MST 2004

.    On  11.12.04
  wrote  ffeldman at bellatlantic.net (Fred Feldman)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  000601c4dff9$8ba3e000$6401a8c0 at fredpc
  about  [Marxism] "The Horrible Toll on US Troops"

FF> You will begin to realize why the capacity to kill for a cause and
FF> the capacity to die for a cause are not opposites -- the first a
FF> characteristic of the bad people (the Americans) and the other a
FF> quality of the good people (their victims). These two characteristics
FF> are an integrated whole, they go together.

  I would like to add what I learned from the Vietnam war: there is no
absolute limit to suffering which people are ready to endure for
cause, the limit is only in the relation between their sense of
purpose and the level of suffering.

  That is why Fidel Castro can say it again and again, and I like to
repeat him: a people which has concsiouly chosen to fight for its
freedom cannot be defeated.

  I wanted to add this observation of mine in the discussion on the
demise of the revolution in Nicaragua.

Yours,

"Kein Land kann seine Probleme in dieser globalisierten Welt allein
auf sich gestellt lösen. Entweder wir retten uns alle zusammen oder
wir gehen zusammen unter. Heute mehr denn je gilt das Wort von José
Martí: Das Vaterland ist die ganze Menschheit."
               - Fidel Castro, Caracas (Veneuzuela), 3. Februar 1999