[Marxism] An incredible story

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Thu Dec 16 17:53:45 MST 2004

I could never have imagined that it would come to this. The insurgents
have roadblocks! In the past I have noted that the number of U.S.
troops, who don't know the language, are foreigners, and don't have the
skills of an ordinary policeman, and numerically were only 1.5 times
the number of police that are employed for New York City, were confined
to the Green Zone while the insurgents were free to organize. But I was
startled to read that the insurgents are setting up their own
roadblocks.

Gulliver is pinned down.
________

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wire/ats-
ap_top10dec16,0,186568.story
OR
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J3C021C0A

In Ramadi, west of Baghdad, militants told journalists they shot and
killed an Italian citizen after he tried to break through a guerrilla
roadblock on a highway, purportedly killing one gunman in the process.

An Italian passport and Lebanese residency permit the gunmen displayed
identified the man as Salvatore Santoro. A document from the Italian
Embassy in Beirut seeking an Iraqi visa for the man called him an aid
worker helping Iraqi children.

The journalists provided text, photos and video to The Associated Press
showing militants standing next to a banner identifying them as members
of the Islamic Movement of Iraqi Mujahedeen. One told the journalists
the slaying was "a present to Berlusconi's stupidity" -- referring to
Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, a close U.S. ally who sent
troops to Iraq. Berlusconi said he was waiting for news on reports an
Italian had been killed.