[Marxism] King George II seizes ships on high seas

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Mon Dec 20 09:46:38 MST 2004

Don't send your sons and daughters or your friends and relatives sons
and daughters to the alternative military--the Coast Guard--unless they
want a deja vu moment from almost 200 years ago.

A grievance of both the American Revolution and the War of 1812.

Brian Shannon
___________________

U.S. takes border war on the road
Boats being sunk near Ecuador
By Bruce Finley
Denver Post Staff Writer

Sunday, December 19, 2004 -

Manta, Ecuador - U.S. counterterrorism officials have set up a
high-seas gantlet deploying Coast Guard cutters off Latin America and
arresting foreign nationals trying to leave their own countries.

Coast Guard crews have blocked at least 37 Ecuadoran boats and detained
more than 4,575 suspected illegal migrants over the past four years,
records show. Then, over the past two years, they've sunk a dozen
emptied migrant boats they deemed "unseaworthy" - setting them ablaze
and firing on them with their .50-caliber guns.

The crackdown fits into a new worldwide strategy that U.S. Department
of Homeland Security officials describe as "pushing our borders out."
Enforcing U.S. laws abroad is crucial, they contend, to control record
illegal immigration, estimated at 500,000 a year, and close security
gaps terrorists could exploit.

"The president has authority to secure the borders of the United
States," said Lt. Cmdr. Brad Kieserman, operations legal chief at U.S.
Coast Guard headquarters in Washington, D.C.

Not only off Ecuador, but "anywhere in the world," Kieserman said,
Coast Guard and Navy ships will "go to the source of transnational
crime and interdict it before it gets to the United States."

Ecuador protests to the extent it can. Ecuador's fragile democratic
government controls a military base U.S. military commanders count on,
one of three newly refurbished "Forward Operating Locations" around
Latin America.

FULL AT
http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2715421A
OR
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~11676~2606736,00.html#
_____________

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and
destroyed the lives of our people.
     He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries
to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun
with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the
most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized
nation.
     He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high
Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of
their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands. —U.S.
Declaration of Independence