Re [Marxism] Books on Vegetarianism (Not Just a Dietary Choice)

Adam cleon42 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 13:13:36 MST 2004

--- Calvin Broadbent <calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot to Louis and Rajesh for two undoubtedly very good
> suggestions.
> David Walters remarks are not in the least funny or constructive.

Actually, I found it good for a chuckle.

> What is it
> about meat-eaters that, when confronted with vegetarianism, they have
> make a joke about how 'tasty' animals are?

That was a "confrontation?" Huh. In any event, it might have something
to do with vegetarians' constant prosletyzing and moralizing about how
bad we omnivores are for eating meat.

> To paraphrase Samuel
> Jackson's
> Pulp Fiction character, 'Sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but
> wouldn't eat the motherfucker'. Know any good Irish or Jewish jokes?
>
> cheers.

You know, you might have made a better point if you didn't quote a
movie where every other word was "nigger."