[Marxism] Books on Vegetarianism (Not Just a Dietary Choice)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 20 17:36:31 MST 2004

>But, can you be more specific about this "cut down on the number of
>people" and exactly what you mean by this?
>
>David

Sure. Force the god-damned religions that proselytize for big families to
fend for themselves--no more tax breaks. Run ads on television and radio
raising awareness about the need for a balance with nature. And most of
all, reduce the economic insecurity that impels people--especially
peasants--to have big families. In Kerala, smaller families went along with
literacy and health programs. We need to push for these things politically,
not use administrative diktat.

Louis Proyect
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org