[Marxism] Marx's Grave

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Fri Dec 24 09:41:22 MST 2004

Charles Brown wrote:

> When the SU fell, there was the joke: Why are so many people lined up at
> Lenin's tomb ? They want to see him spinning in his grave.

Loosen up, man. I reported a hoary old joke told in Britain for decades
and you start a polemic about the fall of the Soviet union. Anyway some
of us feel that Lenin has been spinning in his grave since Stalin
organised the grandiose funeral and the grotesque mummifying of Lenin's
body along with his politics. In doing this he refused Lenin's own wish
to be buried beside his mother.

Anyway I'm off now to a seasonal celebration - so season's greeting to
all who are celebrating something and also to those who aren't.

Einde O'Callaghan