[Marxism] Re: Marx's Grave

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Fri Dec 24 08:47:00 MST 2004

.    On  24.12.04
  wrote  jack.cade at btinternet.com (Jack Cade)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  000001c4e9c2$1eb62fc0$0201a8c0 at OBELISK
  about  RE: [Marxism] Marx's Grave

JC>         The joke is: "Is Marx's grave another communist plot?"

   No, it is there to prevent Marx from spinning in his grave -- er,
the joke falls flat because the actual burying place is not where the
monument is.

JC>         This (below) is just anti-communist bilge. What possible
JC> connection could there be between the construction of the tomb and
JC> the Hungarian events?

   While especially the suppression of the popular uprising by Soviet
troops would make Marx spinning in his grave, especially doing this in
his name, all other events named would not. That is, Marx is being
made thinking that by people who have those feelings and project them
onto this historical figure.

   Do you feel offended by that joke and by the connection made
especially to the Hungarian events? I'd say, you better do soften up
somewhat.

Yours,

"Kein Land kann seine Probleme in dieser globalisierten Welt allein
auf sich gestellt lösen. Entweder wir retten uns alle zusammen oder
wir gehen zusammen unter. Heute mehr denn je gilt das Wort von José
Martí: Das Vaterland ist die ganze Menschheit."
               - Fidel Castro, Caracas (Veneuzuela), 3. Februar 1999