[Marxism] The Apostle

Stuart Lawrence stuartlawrence at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 25 16:49:10 MST 2004

Louis,

I couldn't quite believe you made it through a review of Robert Duvall's
"The Apostle" without talking about Duvall's politics. This is a guy who
hangs out with David Horowitz and once suggested building an "annex on
the Holocaust museum, or at least across the street, to honor the dead
Cubans that Castro killed."

Maybe you just take a different approach with Hollywood types, but when
you talk are talking about a writer with credentials like these, you
usually go out of your way to mention it.

Stuart Lawrence

* * *

The Wednesday Morning Club is a lunch forum that provides a platform in
the entertainment and media industry for conservative speakers and
ideas. In 1999, then Governor George Bush made his first public speech
in California at the Wednesday Morning Club. Other speakers have
included Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, House Speaker Newt Gingrich,
Senator Joseph Lieberman and George Will. The steering committee of the
WMC includes actor Robert Duvall and Icon executive Steve McEveety who
produced Braveheart, The Patriot and We Were Soldiers.

Thus far in 2003, speakers have included author Christopher Hitchens,
David Frum, former Israel Ambassador to the United Nations Dore Gold and
U.S. Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona and author Tammy Bruce.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/Printable.asp?ID=9904
* * *

HOLLYWOOD VS. AMERICA
Duvall rebukes Spielberg for Castro visit
Actor: 'I'll never work at DreamWorks again, but I don't care … '

Acknowledging his comments would cut off his professional relationship,
actor Robert Duvall criticized filmmaker Steven Spielberg for consorting
with Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

The DreamWorks studio co-founder visited Cuba in November 2002, but
Spielberg's spokesman insists a quote Duvall attributed to the
Oscar-winning director is "totally false."

Duvall spoke with Charlie Rose of CBS "60 Minutes II" in an interview to
be broadcast Wednesday.

"Spielberg went down there recently and said, 'The best seven hours I
ever spent was actually with Fidel Castro.' Now, what I want to ask him
... 'Would you consider building a little annex on the Holocaust museum,
or at least across the street, to honor the dead Cubans that Castro
killed.' That's very presumptuous of him to go there," Duvall told Rose,
according to a CBS transcript. . . .