[Marxism] Re: Scopes redux

mds zenporcupinegrind at breathe.com
Mon Dec 27 08:03:53 MST 2004

Carlos,

Didn't mean to deny that 'we are apes'; apologies for my shorthand. All
I was trying to convey is that biological models are sometimes taken to
their own ueber-genetic extreme, questioning the rationality of a human
being by positing his genetic relationship with a banana as evidence.

I'm no natural or anthropological scientist, as I think I made quite
clear; all I'm questioning is the ideological attachments that are
often found with regards to the latest findings in the field of
genetics &c.

Hope that clears my post up a bit,
cheers,
Marc