[Marxism] On the Tsunami

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Wed Dec 29 08:20:36 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Schaffer" <schaffer at optonline.net>

>> that even
>> imperialist countries would be hard pressed to face un-scratched.
>
> property: true, life: not so true.

This point is interesting, I must agree my initial skepticism has dissipated
somewhat as data becomes available, specially as the figures of immediate
dead approach 100,000.

But there must be something other than infrasctructural capabilites
influencing this, Cuba has next to none infracstructure, yet survived
hurricanes that created a lot of problems, even in Puerto Rico there where
about a dozen dead (I was there at the time). Yet Cuba had no fatalities,
inspite of a storm surge that move a mile inland in parts. Why?

sks